The first representation of the city of Danville can be found on the map printed in Philadelphia 1784 for John Filson. An enlargement of this area is shown below.
In the explanation section on the map it explains the symbols which have been drawn to show "Danville". There are six "Dwelling-houfes & Mills" forming a c-shaped area around a "Stations or Forts". [Would be Crow's Station, but not listed so on this map.] One single road is shown coming from "Clark's" station. The road then heads NW to "Low Dutch" station which has six roads radiating out of center.
A little wider view is shown next.
Hum...six dwelling houses and a station in 1784 is shown on this map. There was much more to come.